5 Best Fish Oil Supplements of 2018

You may not know it, but fish oil is a “go-to” supplement. High cholesterol? Get some fish oil. Joint pain? Pick up some fish oil. Need to ramp up your mood & brain function? Time for some fish oil. 

Before you start over loading on the fish oil, it’s important to figure out what kind you should take and what your dosage is. It’s important to note that it’s the Omega-3’s that really make fish oil do it’s thing. Around 30% of fish oil is made up of omega-3s, while the remaining 70% is made up of other fats. Omega-3s found in fish oil have greater health benefits than the ones found in some plant sources. 

According to WebMD, "Fish oil is FDA approved to lower triglycerides levels, but it is also used for many other conditions. It is most often used for conditions related to the heart and blood system. Some people use fish oil to lower blood pressure, triglycerides and cholesterol levels. Fish oil has also been used for preventing heart disease or stroke, as well as for clogged arteries, chest pain, irregular heartbeat, bypass surgery, heart failure, rapid heartbeat, preventing blood clots, and high blood pressure after a heart transplant.

Pointing you in the right direction is labdoor.com with their top 5 fish oil products according to value. 

Best Fish Oil 2018

5. Member's mark: Triple Strength Fish Oil

"Clinically proven to control fish burps".. or at least that's what most of the reviews say. 

Best Omega-3 Fish Oil 2018

4.The Vitamin Shoppe: Omega-3 Fish Oil

Healthy brain development and joint function are only some the benefits of this supplements. 

Triple Strength Omega-3 Gold

3. Nutrigold: Triple Strength Omega-3 Gold

 

Taken from sustainable, wild pollock from deep, cold and pure Alaskan ocean waters elevates this supplement.

Ultra Omega 3 Fish Oil

2. NOW Foods: Ultra Omega 3 Fish Oil

This coated fish oil focuses on heart health and cardiovascular support with no aftertaste.

Best Fish Oil 2018

1. Innovix Labs: Triple Strength Omega-3 Fish Oil

Certified sustainable, burp and odor free, and packed with 3 times the Omega-3 than a regular vitamin, this supplement has it all.